Here’s a ten point checklist to keep in your bottom drawer in case of a crisis. It incorporates the DNA of integrity and helps build trust with stakeholders.
1. Be honest and open
2. Determine the truth
3. Prevent death or illness regardless of the cost
4. Go see for yourself
5. Reach outside the company for help—ask the leading experts in the field to help find solutions to the problem.
6. Report developments in real time
7. Be generous to those who have been affected. This is not a time to pinch pennies
8. Don’t rest until the problem is fixed
9. Execute organizational changes
10. If someone is at fault, hold them accountable.